Oral Surgeon NYC
Dr. Ruben Cohen, DDS is a top rated, highly credentialed, and experienced Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon located on the Upper East Side in NYC: 970 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10028; who has years of experience performing oral surgery procedures from dental implants, wisdom teeth removal, TMJ treatments, cleft lip & palate, to complex facial trauma reconstructions and surgical treatment for snoring and sleep apnea. Dr. Ruben Cohen, DDS is tri-lingual (English, French, & Spanish).
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology (NDBA)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
- Fellow, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA)
- New York County Dental Society
- New York State Dental Association (NYSDA)
Park Avenue Oral & Facial Surgery, P.C. is open The Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery office will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you are in an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day: Dr. Cohen is an NYC Emergency Oral Surgeon and is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Dr. Cohen is also on staff at most major hospitals in New York
NYC Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon Ruben Cohen, DDS
Born in France, Dr. Cohen grew up in Paris and Los Angeles. He travels often to Africa and other parts of the world to provide free surgical treatment to children born with facial deformities. He was involved in the 9/11 rescue efforts at Ground Zero in 2001 and worked in the Israeli Defense Force Field Medical Hospital in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake. He is the founder of Park Avenue Oral & Facial Surgery, P.C., Manhattan’s premier oral and maxillofacial surgery practice that made its grand opening in 2010. The office is newly renovated with state of the art equipment and facilities.
Dr. Cohen is Board Certified in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery to provide various types of pain free dental procedures (“sedation dentistry“) to allow patients the most comfortable experience, no matter what services are needed. If elected, nitrous oxide (commonly known as “laughing gas”), intravenous sedation, or general anesthesia are offered with all procedures.
The Surgeon’s staff will address all of your questions and concerns and assist you with all paperwork in regards to insurance billing or obtaining financing for your treatment. All staff members are well versed in health, dental, oral surgery, and insurance policies.
Pediatric Oral Surgery
A large portion of Dr. Cohen’s practice is dedicated to the treatment of infants and young children. Whether your child is in need of pediatric sedation dentistry, oral surgery, or is born with a craniofacial condition, Dr. Cohen and his staff will evaluate your child and provide treatment in a safe and comfortable environment within our accredited ambulatory surgery facility or a local hospital. Dr. Cohen is trained to provide specialized treatment for children with special needs, and children with complex dental and health care issues. We have a procedure room dedicated to our smaller patients, and our child-friendly environment will help create a comfortable visit for your child. Our goal is to teach children the importance of oral care, and promote positive feelings about visiting the dentist. We strive to provide only positive experiences for children so that they will always look forward to their next dental visit. Please visit our pediatric oral surgery page to learn more about our pediatric oral surgery services and pediatric sedation dentistry services.
Your Safety is our #1 Concern
Our facility became accredited in 2013 by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) as one of the first oral & maxillofacial surgery practices in Manhattan. The mission of AAAASF is to develop and implement standards of excellence to ensure the highest quality of patient safety in the ambulatory surgery setting. Our facility has been inspected and has met 100% of the standards set by AAAASF for accreditation. AAAASF has designed an accrediting program to help provide patients with the assurance of safety and quality in all aspects of their outpatient surgery experience. To find out more about AAAASF and its Gold Standard accreditation process, please visit www.aaaasf.org.
NYC Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Procedures
Patients from all over New York & out of town patients seek out the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon expertise. Dr. Ruben Cohen’s Upper East Side Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery practice in NYC is recognized as a Center of Excellence in the treatment of oral and maxillofacial disorders for adults and children of all ages – from wisdom teeth removal to severe facial and jaw reconstruction including:
- Dentoalveolar surgery (the surgical removal of impacted teeth, impacted wisdom teeth, tooth extractions, bone grafting procedures, and surgery for dental implants, dentures, or other dental prostheses)
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign, invasive, or malignant pathology (oral cysts, tumors in the mouth, jaws)
- Diagnosis and treatment (ablative and reconstructive surgery) of benign and malignant pathology (oral & head and neck cancer)
- Diagnosis and treatment of cutaneous malignancy (skin cancer) & lip reconstruction (including birth defects)
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital craniofacial malformations such as cleft lip and cleft palate
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic facial pain disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Diagnosis and treatment of incorrect bite, orthognathic surgery, maxillomandibular advancement, surgical correction of facial asymmetry
- Diagnosis and treatment of soft and hard tissue trauma of the oral and maxillofacial region (facial lacerations, jaw fractures, cheek bone fractures, nasal fractures, LeFort fractures, eye socket fractures, dental fractures, loose teeth, etc.)
- Surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea & snoring
- Conservative treatment of obstructive sleep apnea & snoring using oral appliances such as mandibular advancement devices
- Dental implant surgery (placement of dental implants, bone grafting, sinus lift, etc.)
- Cosmetic surgery of the head and neck: (cheek augmentation, chin augmentation, lip enhancement, injectable cosmetic treatments, BOTOX, etc.)
Oral & maxillofacial surgeons, such asDr. Ruben Cohen, DDS are trained and uniquely qualified to provide surgical correction of facial injuries and oral or facial trauma including :
- Lacerations on the face and inside the mouth
- Loose or knocked out teeth from injuries
- Fractured jaws (upper and lower jaws including mandible fractures, palatal fractures, and Le Fort fractures)
- Fractured bones on the face (eye socket, cheek bone, nose, frontal sinus)
Dr. Ruben Cohen, DDS is on staff at:
- Mount Sinai Hospital : 1425 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10029
- Beth Israel Medical Center : 10 Nathan D Perlman Pl, New York, NY 10003
- Lenox Hill Hospital : 100 E 77th St, New York, NY 10075
- Metropolitan Hospital Center : 1901 1st Ave, New York, NY 10029
- St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center : 1000 10th Ave New York, NY 10019
If you have a facial, oral, or dental emergency please contact Dr. Ruben Cohen, DDS right away, at (212) 988-6725 or page him by calling (917) 727-6725. Dr. Cohen accepts most major insurance plans and financing is available for out of pocket expenses.