Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation to gain knowledge of your current condition and to explain your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be done the same day as the consultation. However, an extensive medical history or complex treatment plan will require an initial consultation and follow-up appointment(s) to provide treatment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your initial consultation:
- Referral slip: Your referral slip from your dentist, if applicable.
- X-Rays: Please as your dentist to forward any pertinent x-rays, or you may pick them up and bring them with you. Additional x-rays may be taken in our office, if necessary.
- Medications: A list of medications and dosages you are presently taking,
- Medical Conditions: Information pertaining to any medical conditions (i.e. diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, high blood pressure, etc.).
- Insurance: If you have medical or dental insurance, please bring your insurance card with you at your initial appointment.
All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
An initial consultation and physical examination is mandatory for all patients undergoing intravenous anesthesia. You must not eat or drink 8 hours prior to your surgery. You will also need an adult to escort you home.
Please call (212) 988-6725 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.