PRESS RELEASE: New York Times Magazine announces Dr. Ruben Cohen as one of the top 20 Oral Surgeons in NYC!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 15, 2017
New York Times Magazine announces Dr. Ruben Cohen as one of the top 20 Oral Surgeons in NYC!
In the May 14, 2017 edition of The New York Times Magazine, it was announced that Dr. Ruben Cohen, an esteemed board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, has been selected by his peers as one of the top 20 Oral Surgeons in New York City.
When healthcare consumers requested a list of the top Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons in New York, The Times asked their selected New York Super Doctors for help. Alumni physicians of the renowned group were asked to name candidates to whom they would go to or refer their own patients or loved ones for care. The process for this first-ever “Super Specialists” list included peer nomination and independent research on the candidates including professional achievement.
Born in France, Dr. Cohen grew up in Paris and Los Angeles. No stranger to awards and accolades, Dr. Cohen takes special pride in his volunteer work across the world to provide free surgical treatment to children born with facial deformities. Dr. Cohen’s volunteer and community work includes:
- Israeli Defense Force, Medical Corps HospitalPort-au-Prince, Haiti Volunteer: Oral & maxillofacial surgeon at the IDF Medical Field Hospital after the 2010 earthquake.
- Dental Volunteers for IsraelJerusalem, Israel Participant: Volunteered as an oral & maxillofacial surgeon at the Trudi Birger Dental Clinic.
- Little Baby Face FoundationNew York, NY Medical Advisory Board: Volunteer to provide corrective facial surgery to children in financial need. Children are flown to NYC from other states or countries.
- Interplast-GermanyParticipant: Travel with a team of German plastic surgeons, anesthesiologists, and oral & maxillofacial surgeons to remote villages in Africa & Asia to provide cleft lip & palate repair.
- Miracle Corners of the World, Inc.Tanzania, East Africa Project Coordinator: Organized and set up a dental clinic in East Africa, which provides free dental care to disadvantaged children and adults.
Dr. Cohen is the founder of Park Avenue Oral & Facial Surgery, P.C., Manhattan’s premier oral and maxillofacial surgery practice located at 970 Park Avenue. He is also the founder of Park Smiles NYC and Park Smiles for Kids at 1175 Park Avenue, a family-friendly dental practice featuring comprehensive dental services for patients of all ages under one roof.
Contact: Dr. Ruben Cohen – Park Avenue Oral & Facial Surgery – 212-988-6725