• NYC UES Office
  • 970 Park Avenue, Suite GFN,
    New York, NY 10028
  • Carnegie hill Office
  • 1175 park avenue,
    new york, ny 10128

Traumatic Injuries Require Specialized Care

Imagine: You’ve been in a car accident. You’re alive, but the airbag didn’t deploy right, so your cheek is crushed and you have lacerations near your eyes.  You need a maxillofacial surgeon to repair your bones and tend to your mouth, but how are you going to find the right doctor?

What to Look For In A Surgeon

  • Look at certifications: No matter what specialty you are looking for, you want to find a board-certified surgeon. For facial trauma, you need either a maxillofacial surgeon or a plastic surgeon.
  • Where does he practice? Surgery should be performed in an accredited or professionally sponsored hospital or surgical center to ensure the highest standards of care.

Certified in maxillofacial and oral surgery, Dr. Cohen is able to diagnose and repair damage to all facial structures and mouth. As a Fellow of both the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, he maintains rigorous standards of care. He is appointed to practice at six hospitals in the New York area. Moreover, he understands the physical and emotional toll of facial trauma and does everything possible to return functionality and aesthetically pleasing proportions to each of his patients.

More than physical trauma

Traumatic facial injuries are debilitating both physically and psychologically. You need a doctor who  will give your face the best chance to recover, so you can work on the emotional trauma. Dr. Cohen at Park Avenue Oral & Facial Surgery has had extensive training in maxillofacial trauma.  Call our Park Avenue office today for a consultation to start the road to recovery.